Garlic, Lemon and Thyme Butterflied Lamb Leg
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice plus wedges, to serve
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg butterflied lamb leg
How to carve roast lamb
1. Combine garlic, lemon juice, thyme, mustard powder and oil in a large bowl. Add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
2. Cook lamb on an oiled barbecue over a medium heat. Cover and cook for 45 minutes (for medium rare) or until cooked to your liking, turning only once.
3. Remove from heat, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
4. Serve lamb topped with extra thyme sprigs and lemon wedges on the side.
Tip: This can be cooked in the oven, if you prefer. Preheat oven to 180°C and roast, uncovered, for about 45 minutes.