- 500g chicken livers, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup port or dessert wine
- 100g butter, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- Toasted baguette or crackers, to serve
1. Soak livers in a bowl with port or wine for 2 hours. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of liquid.
2. Melt butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook onion and anchovies for 5 minutes, until onion is soft. Add liver and cook gently for 3-5 minutes, until just starting to brown. Stir in reserved port or wine, bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute.
3. Place liver mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a 3-cup serving bowl. Cover and chill for 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Serve with toasted baguette or crackers.