- 500g kumara, peeled, cubed
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 3/4 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1L vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Store-bought aioli, to serve
- Rocket leaves, to serve
How to Chop Herbs
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Combine kumara, rosemary and 1 tablespoon of oil on a baking tray. Season to taste and toss well. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and tender. Mash and set aside.
3. Heat another tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until onion is tender. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in wine, stir, then simmer for 1-2 minutes until wine has almost evaporated.
4. In another saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Add to the rice mixture 1 cup at a time, stirring until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender (about 20
5. Stir in kumara, Parmesan, peas and parsley, reserving a little of the parsley for garnish. Transfer to a large bowl. Allow to cool, then chill until cold and firm.
6. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Flatten slightly and toss in the flour.
7. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan on medium. Cook risotto cakes, in batches, for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Serve on a bed of rocket leaves, garnish with parsley and have aioli on the side.