Bacon-wrapped Chicken Patties
- 400g chicken mince
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley plus extra, for garnish
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- Oil, for frying
1. Combine chicken mince, herbs, celery, garlic, lemon rind, breadcrumbs, cheese and mayonnaise in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Shape heaped tablespoons of mixture into patties and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut each bacon rasher in half crossways then cut each half into two thin strips.
4. Remove patties from freezer, wrap a strip of bacon around each patty and secure with a toothpick.
5. Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook patties until browned all over and cooked through.
6. Remove toothpicks, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Patties can be prepared a day ahead and kept covered in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
• Energy 528Kj • Protein 10g • Total Fat 9g • Saturated Fat 2g
• Carbohydrates 2g • Sugars 1g • Sodium 208mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation