Chilli, Lime and Coriander Chicken Skewers
- 1 fresh long green chilli, chopped finely
- 1 spring, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh coriander, chopped. Plus extra, to serve
- 16 Bamboo skewers
1. Blend or process chilli, onion, garlic, ground coriander, juice and oil until mixture forms a smooth paste. Season to taste.
2. Combine chicken and paste in a medium-sized bowl. Thread onto 16 skewers.
3. Cook skewers on an oiled barbecue or grill plate on high, for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with fresh coriander leaves sprinkled over the top.
Tip: Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for at least an hour before using to prevent them burning during cooking. The paste can be made three days ahead (or even longer if frozen).