Easy Cheese Roll
- 125g soft cheese (e.g. camembert, brie, blue), chopped
- 125g cream cheese, chopped
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed soft herbs, (e.g. parsley, chives, basil), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup nuts (e.g. pecans, almonds, walnuts) toasted, finely chopped
- Gluten free crackers, to serve
How to Chop Herbs
1. Using an electric mixer, beat cheeses and tabasco together until creamy. Stir through the sundried tomatoes and season to taste.
2. Sprinkle herbs and nuts in a square onto a 25cm piece of plastic wrap, leaving a 2cm clear border.
3. Spoon cheese mixture along one end of the herb mixture. Lift wrap and roll cheese away from you into a log, pressing wrap gently in to the cheese to coat well. Twist ends of wrap to seal, then chill for 1 hour until firm.
4. Remove from wrap, serve with crackers.
Tip: For a tasty fruit and nut version, add ¼ cup chopped dried apricots to the cheese mixture instead of the sundried tomatoes.