- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced).
2. To prepare the stuffing, heat the butter in a small frypan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft.
3. Transfer to a large bowl with the breadcrumbs, sage, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Roll mixture into balls and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with parsley.
Tip: For something a little different, try serving your stuffing rolled into balls, loose in a bowl or shaped in a log.