Sundried Tomato Stuffing
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium-sized brown onions, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 180g semi-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, chopped
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 100g packet croutons
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped. Plus extra, for garnish.
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced).
2. In a large frying pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft. Add courgette, tomatoes and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until softened.
3. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs, croutons, pistachios, parsley, lemon juice and zest. Season and mix well to combine.
4. Lay down a sheet of tin foil, then a sheet of baking paper. Place mixture on top and wrap it into a log, twisting the edges of foil at the ends. Cook for 25 minutes.
5. Transfer to a plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
Tip: Stuffing can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.