Cranberry and Bacon Stuffing
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Baguette, diced into 1cm pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced).
2. To prepare stuffing, heat olive oil and butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft.
3. Transfer to a large bowl with bread, pistachio nuts, cranberries, parsley and lemon zest. Add beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Scatter mixture over a baking tray and cook for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve in a bowl, with turkey or chicken.