- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour plus extra for kneading
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- Butter, for greasing
- 1 extra egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 140°C (120°C fan-forced).
2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the two eggs together until pale and creamy. Add flour, baking powder, cranberries, chocolate and almonds, then mix well.
3. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until firm, adding a little more flour if necessary. Divide dough in half and shape into logs. Place on a greased baking tray and brush with egg white.
4. Bake logs for 40 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. While warm, slice biscotti logs into 1cm thick slices and place in a single layer on the baking tray.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 80°C (60°C fan-forced) and return biscotti to the oven for 30 minutes to dry.
6. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.