- 1L vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup glace cherries, halved
- 3 Tbsp dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp orange flavoured liqueur or orange juice concentrate
- 1L chocolate ice cream, softened
- 150g chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Grated chocolate, to serve
- Blueberries to serve
- Strawberries to serve
- Mint leaves, for garnish
1. Line a round 23cm spring-form pan with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine 500ml vanilla ice cream with cherries, apricots and liqueur or juice. Pour into prepared pan, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Cover and freeze until firm.
3. In a large bowl, combine 250ml chocolate ice cream and remaining vanilla ice cream with chopped chocolate. Spoon evenly over the vanilla ice cream layer, smoothing the top. Cover and freeze until firm.
4. In a large bowl, combine remaining chocolate ice cream with almonds. Spoon evenly over the second layer, smoothing the top. Cover and freeze until firm.
5. Take out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Remove from pan, sprinkle with chocolate and decorate with berries and mint. Cut into wedges to serve.
Tip: If it’s difficult to cut, try running the knife under hot water first.