Green Bean and Pea Salad
- 8 slices pancetta or bacon
- 200g frozen peas
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 150g baby beans, trimmed
- 2 cups mint leaves
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ground black pepper
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Turn oven to ‘grill’ and preheat to 200°C.
2. Arrange pancetta or bacon on a baking tray and cook for 5-10 minutes, until crisp. Leave to cool, and then tear in to bite sized pieces.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook peas and beans for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water, then drain again. Place in a bowl with mint leaves and almonds.
4. To make the dressing, whisk together vinegar and mustard. Gradually add oil until thickened.
5. When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over the salad. Toss well to combine and top with pancetta. Season to taste.
Tip: To make this vegetarian, omit the pancetta and sprinkle feta over the top instead.