Warm Salad of Potato Skins and Green Beans
- 5 large agria potatoes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 150g green beans, topped and tailed
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Wash potatoes well and peel with a sharp knife, ensuring you have around 3mm of flesh with the skins. Dry on a paper towel.
3. Toss skins with the olive oil in a large roasting pan and cook for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crisp. Add celery to pan for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
4. While the potatoes are cooking, lightly cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain.
5. Toss the skins, celery, beans, onion and capsicum together in a serving dish. Season generously with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Tip: Cut up the leftover chunks of potato and boil them until they’re soft. They will keep in the fridge for a day or two then you can roast them, fry them or use them in a potato salad.