Smoked Salmon Rillettes
- Oil, for greasing
- 300g sliced smoked salmon
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 20g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind, plus 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 spring onions, white part only, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives, plus extra to serve
- Thinly sliced toast or crostini, to serve
1. Lightly oil six ramekins.
2. Cut one-third of the salmon into fine strips and set aside.
3. Place remaining salmon in a food processor with crème fraîche, butter and lemon rind. Pulse to chop.
4. Mix in the spring onion, chives and lemon juice by hand.
5. Spoon reserved salmon into the bases of the ramekins. Top with crème fraîche mixture, pressing down lightly to remove any air pockets. Smooth surface, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. When ready to serve, run a knife around the inside edge of each ramekin to release rillettes from the sides. Invert onto individual serving plates.
7. Top with extra chives and serve with toast on the side.
If you don't have chives, you can just use the green part of the spring onion instead.
• Energy 1501Kj • Protein 17g • Total Fat 19g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 28g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 637mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation