Scary Chocolate Cupcakes
- homebrand cooking spray canola oil, 400g
- 25 g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2/3 cup milk + 2 tbsp for icing
- 6 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Black decorating gel
- 24 Mini M&M's
- Butter icing
- 125 g butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Orange food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole muffin pan with orange paper patty cases.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and gradually beat in sugar until pale and cream. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Fold in sifted flour and cocoa alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Butter icing method:
1. Meanwhile, make butter icing. Using an electric mixer, cream butter until pale. Beat in half of sugar, the milk, then remaining sugar. Mix in colouring and spread over cupcakes. Decorate with half a chocolate, black gel and M&Ms.