Crisp Blueberry Oat Slice
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm tin with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Add the melted butter and mix until it clumps together. Add a bit more flour if it looks too moist. Set half a cup, or a bit more, aside of this crumble mix.
3. Press the rest of the mixture evenly into the prepared tin.
4. Spread half the blueberries over the base and sprinkle over cornflour, lemon juice and a tablespoon of caster sugar. Spread the remaining fruit over, then sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Finally, evenly scatter over the reserved crumb mixture.
5.Bake for 30-40 minutes until the fruit is bubbly and the crumb topping is golden.
6. Cool the slice for 10 minutes, then place in the fridge to crispen. Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.
7. Store in the fridge for a crisper version or at room temperature if you like it softer.