Chia, Beetroot & Broccoli Tart
- 300g baby beets
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 150g puff pastry
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup cream or milk
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp white chia seeds soaked in 2 Tbsp water for 15 minutes
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced.
2. Place the baby beets and garlic onto a piece of tinfoil. Drizzle with oil, wrap into a parcel and bake for 35-40 minutes until tender when poked with a skewer. Remove and cut into quarters.
3. Turn the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced.
4. Roll the pastry into an 18 x 30 rectangle and place it onto a baking tray. Without cutting right through, cut a 1 cm border around the edge of the pastry.
5. In a bowl combine the eggs, cream, feta, chia seeds, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over the pastry. Arrange the beets and broccoli on top. Bake for 30 minutes until set and the pastry golden.
6. Serve sprinkled with almonds.