Sticky Orange Glazed Pork
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 carrots, sliced in to batons
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 thin pork steaks
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup or honey
How to Zest, Peel and Segment Citrus
1. Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Stir in boiling water. Cover with plastic food wrap, and stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil. Heat over high heat. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add ½ cup of the orange juice and cook for 2 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
3. Once the couscous has absorbed the liquid, use a fork to fluff and separate the grains. Pour into a bowl and add carrot mixture, almonds, spinach and lemon juice. Mix well and season to taste.
4. In the frying pan, cook pork, in 2 batches, for 1 minute each side or until browned and cooked. Transfer to a heatproof plate. Cover with foil and rest for 2 minutes.
5. Add garlic, mustard, golden syrup and remaining orange juice to the pan. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Return pork to the pan and coat with the sauce.
6. Serve pork on a bed of couscous, drizzled with remaining sauce from the pan.
Tip: To make gluten free, replace couscous with quinoa.