Almond Meal Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1 1/2 cups Macro almond meal
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 500 g chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- steamed green beans, to serve
- smashed potatoes, to serve
1. Place corn flour in a shallow bowl, season with salt and pepper, place egg whites in a second shallow bowl, whisk until frothy.
2. Mix almond meal, lemon zest, parmesan and parsley in a third shallow bowl.
3. Dip a piece of chicken in flour to coat, then in the egg whites and lastly the almond mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken.
4. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat.
5. Cook schnitzels in batches for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden brown, adding a little extra oil if required.
6. Transfer chicken to a tray lined with absorbent paper to drain.
7. Serve with steamed green beans, baby carrots and smashed potatoes.