Baked Chicken with Roasted Grapes and Rosemary
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup green or red grapes
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 150ml dry white wine
- 150ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rosemary sprigs
- Salad or steamed greens and boiled potatoes, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Pat the chicken skin dry and salt well.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken, skin-side down. Cook until golden and the skin releases from the pan – about 4-5 minutes, then turn and brown the other side.
3. Add the grapes, olives and white wine to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add the stock, brown sugar, rosemary and pepper.
4. Transfer to an oven-proof dish and cover with the lid or foil. Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. Take out of the oven and remove the lid. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes until sauce has slightly reduced. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with a simple salad or steamed greens and potatoes.
Tip: You can freeze leftover wine and chicken stock so that you have some on hand next time a recipe calls for it.
*Check your stock is gluten free.