Dairy Free Apple Muffins
- Cooking oil spray, for greasing
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soy milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 granny smith apples
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tsp caster sugar
How to Grease and Line Baking Tins
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease or line a 12-hole muffin pan.
2. In a bowl, combine egg, soy milk and oil.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flours, baking soda and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
4. Peel and finely chop one of the apples and add to the flour mixture with brown sugar. Add the egg mixture and fold through until just combined (do not over mix).
5. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Thinly slice the second apple and top each muffin with a few slices of apple.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and springy to touch.
7. Combine caster sugar and remaining cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle hot muffins with cinnamon sugar. Stand in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.