- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped milk chocolate or choc chips
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 50 g butter, melted, plus 15g extra for greasing
- whipped cream, to serve
1. Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in chocolate, salt and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg and butter until combined.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium. Brush with a little extra melted butter.
5. Drop level tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook the other side for 1 minute or until golden.
6. Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing the pan with melted butter between batches. Serve pikelets topped with cream.
Tip: These make a great afternoon tea or treat for the kids' lunchboxes. They’re so easy to make – even the kids can make them!