Salmon and Courgette Fritters with Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 150ml water
- 1 Tbsp oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 egg, separated
- 415g can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Sift flour and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
2. In a jug, whisk together water, oil and egg yolk. Add to the flour, mixing to a smooth batter.
3. Fold through the salmon, courgette and spring onions. Season to taste.
4. In a clean bowl, beat egg white until stiff. Lightly fold into batter.
5. Heat a little oil in a frying pan on high. Place heaped tablespoonfuls of batter into the pan in batches. Fry for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel.
6. To make the salsa, combine avocado, capsicum, spring onions and lemon juice.
7. Serve fritters with salsa on the side.
Tip: This makes a great afternoon snack, lunchbox filler or add a side salad for a more complete meal.