Chicken Burger with Avocado and Bacon
- Chicken Patties
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 500g chicken mince
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
- ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 4 rashers bacon, fat removed, each cut into thirds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, cut in half
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium avocado, thickly sliced
How to Cut an Avocado
1. To make the patties, place ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and season well. Use your hands to combine, and divide into 4 even portions. Use slightly damp hands to shape each portion into a patty about 10cm in diameter and 2cm thick.
2. Mix mayonnaise, garlic, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Cook bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes each side or until crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
4. Heat oil in the pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken patties and cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the bread rolls, cut-side up, on an oven tray and toast for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
6. To serve, spread the bottom of the rolls with mayonnaise mixture and top with lettuce, chicken patty, avocado, bacon and pepper. Cover with the tops and serve immediately.