Bolognese, Tomato and Feta Tart
- 1 ¼ cups bolognese sauce
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 250g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted olives
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup rocket leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line two oven trays with baking paper.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, simmer bolognese sauce on medium for 8-10 minutes until it reduces slightly. Leave to cool.
3. Score a 1cm border around each pastry sheet by dragging a small sharp knife over the edges. Place pastry sheets on trays and bake for 10 minutes until puffed up and just beginning to colour. Cover with a clean tea towel and gently flatten the centre with your hands or a flat object.
4. Spread each pastry sheet with bolognese sauce, staying within the border. Top with tomatoes, olives, feta and cheddar cheese.
5. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the edges of the tart are golden brown and cheese has melted. Serve tart topped with rocket.
Tip: This is a great way to use up leftover bolognese sauce – either fresh from the night before, or defrosted from the freezer.