Gourmet Beef Burgers
- 750 g beef mince
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 125 g mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- 150 g mayonnaise
- 4 bread rolls
- 50 g mesclun
- 1 red onion (100g), sliced thinly
1. Combine mince, breadcrumbs, parsley and 1½ tablespoons of the paste in large bowl. Shape mixture into four patties.
2. Cook patties on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned and cooked through. Top patties with cheese; cook until cheese melts.
3. Combine remaining paste and mayonnaise in small bowl.
4. Split rolls in half. Place each half cut-side down onto grill plate; cook until lightly toasted.
5. Sandwich patties, mayonnaise mixture, mesclun, onion and sliced tomatoes between bread rolls.
When making burgers, buy extra mince ¬ make more patties than you need and freeze them in a sealed container for next time.
By The Australian's Womens Weekly