Buffalo Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks or wings
- 1 Tbsp red tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, plus 1 clove garlic, crushed, extra
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- cooking oil spray
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 90 g mild soft blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Place chicken in a large glass bowl. Combine sauces, vinegar, garlic, paprika and cumin in a jug. Reserve half the sauce mixture. Pour remaining sauce mixture over chicken; toss to coat. Cover with plastic food wrap. Chill for 4 hours to marinate.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with foil. Spray a wire rack with oil; place on baking tray. Drain chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Arrange chicken on prepared rack. Bake. Brushing occasionally with reserved sauce mixture, for 35 minutes or until browned and cooked.
3. Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, extra garlic and juice in a bowl. Serve chicken with sauce and lemon wedges.
Tip: You'll find drumsticks and wings at the meat counters at Countdown. Marinate chicken up to a day ahead. Cook chicken on a shallow baking tray to catch cooking juices. You can swap blue cheese for 90g cream cheese.
By Recipes +