Bacon and Egg Breakfast Tacos
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 strips streaky bacon
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- pinch of smoked paprika
- sea salt, to taste
- 15 g Butter
- 1 Avocado
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 8 soft tacos or flour tortillas
1. Heat olive oil and fry bacon strips until crispy and red onion until coloured and tender.
2. Whisk eggs, cream, smoked paprika and salt together. Heat butter in a small pan and pour in the egg mixture; move mixture around the pan with a fork until scrambled and just set.
3. Slice avocado and toss with lemon juice and chives.
4. Heat tacos according to pack instructions, then fill with bacon and a spoonful of scrambled egg. Garnish with red onion and avocado.
- These are great for large brunch gatherings; cook the bacon and onion in the oven, make a large pan of eggs and let guests fill their own tacos.
- For another version of this dish, you can use large tortilla wraps, filled, rolled and cut into lengths. If you have allergies check tacos or wraps are gluten-free.