- 250g macaroni
- 50g butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
1. Cook the macaroni to packet directions.
2. While the macaroni is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and mix in the flour until smooth. Return to the heat and cook stirring until the mixture is frothy. Mix in the mustard. Remove from the heat and mix in a little milk at a time, stirring after each addition until smooth. Return to the heat and cook until the sauce boils and thickens. Mix in the salt and cheese.
3. Drain pasta well, shaking the macaroni to remove as much water as possible Spoon into a serving dish and grill until lightly golden.
• Energy 2690Kj • Protein 28g • Total Fat 36g • Saturated Fat 22g • Carbohydrates 52g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 658mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.
By Diamond Pasta