Lemon and Thyme Roast Chicken
- 6-8 potatoes cut lengthways into 6 pieces
- 2 brown onions, peeled and roughly sliced
- 1 free range chicken, butterflied
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- olive oil
- 1 cup Selaks Reserve Chardonnay
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees Celcius. Scatter potatoes and onion slices in a large roasting dish
2. Place the butterlied chicken on top, drizzle in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and thyme. Scatter the lemon slices over the chicken and another splash of olive oil.
3. Pour the wine and stocking into the roasting dish. Cover with a double layer of foil.
4. Roast for 45 minutes, uncovered for the last 10 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. The onions and lemons will have caramelized, the potatoes will be soft and the bottom of the roasting pan sticky and delicious with a lemony glaze.
5. Serve with a simple green salad and a glass of Selaks Reserve Chardonnay or Pinot Gris.