Baked Bean and Bacon Toastie
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, halved
- butter, for spreading
- 4 slices bread
- 200g can baked beans
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- small handful of spinach leaves
How to Chop Herbs
1. Preheat a sandwich press.
2. Heat a medium frying pan on high. Cook bacon 2-3 minutes each side until browned and crisp. Pat bacon dry with a paper towel.
3. Butter each slice of bread and put two buttered sides face down to make two sandwiches.
4. Place a slice of cheese on the top (unbuttered) side of piece of bread. Finish each with a spoonful of beans, bacon and spinach.
5. Carefully lift the topped slices of bread onto the sandwich press, buttered side facing down. Place remaining bread slices on top, buttered side facing up.
6. Close press and cook 3-5 minutes, until golden and cheese has melted.
Tips: If you don't have a sandwich press, cook sandwich in a frying pan, with a little melted butter, 3-5 minutes each side.
By Food to Love