Carrot, zucchini and bacon slice
- 4 chopped bacon rashers, rind removed
- 1 orange capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
How to Use Four Sides of Your Grater
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 30 x 20cm slice pan with baking paper, extending paper at long sides to use as handles.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat. Add bacon and capsicum. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until capsicum is tender. Cool slightly.
3. Combine bacon mixture, zucchini, carrot, cheese and flour in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
4. Whisk eggs and milk in a jug. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stir until just combined. Do not over-mix. Pour into prepared pan, and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, to cool slightly. Cut to serve.
Tip: If self-raising flour is unavailable, use 1 cup plain flour mixed with 2 teaspoons baking powder.
For a vegetarian option, omit bacon and add 100g crumbled feta with the cheddar cheese.
By Food to Love