Blueberry Yoghurt Pancakes
- 1 ¹/₂ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup caster sugar, plus 1/4 cup extra
- 1 cup natural vanilla yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, plus extra for cooking
- 250 g blueberries (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 Tbsp water
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre.
2. In a jug, whisk yoghurt, milk, eggs and butter together. Gradually whisk into flour mixture until smooth. Set aside for 30 minutes. Fold in half of the blueberries.
3. In a small saucepan, combine remaining berries, extra sugar and water. Stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until berries soften slightly.
4. Preheat a large frying pan on medium and melt some of the remaining butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter in to the pan, leaving room to spread. Cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Flip and cook for another minute, or until golden. Keep warm.
5. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve pancakes topped with blueberry sauce and extra yoghurt
By Food to Love