Lunchbox Banana Bread
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 125 g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to, 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease and line a 10 x 20cm loaf pan.
2. Sift flour and cinnamon together into a large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar.
3. In a large jug, combine bananas, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, lightly mix banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix it.
4. Pour mixture into pan, smoothing the top with the wooden spoon. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until cooked. To test it insert a skewer in to the loaf and if it comes out clean its cooked. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve sliced with butter, if liked.
Tip: This loaf freezes well whole or in slices. Place slices straight from the freezer into the lunchbox. It will defrost by lunchtime and help to keep your lunchbox cool.
By Food to Love