Hot and Spicy Chorizo Sausage Bake
- 6 pack of spicy chorizo fresh sausages (pre-packed)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¹/₂ Tsp chilli flakes
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- ¹/₂ cup white wine
- 1 capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 1 courgette, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 Tsp brown sugar
- Salt and pepper Mashed Potato
- 6 potatoes medium-sized, halved
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¹/₂ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook sausages for 4-5 minutes, turning, until evenly browned. Transfer to a 20cm x 30cm shallow, ovenproof dish.
3. Using the same pan, sauté onion, garlic and chilli flakes for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, wine, capsicum, courgettes and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour over the sausages.
4. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until the sausages are cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil on high heat, add potatoes. Cook until soft. Drain water. Add butter, milk and mash with the potatoes, until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
6. Serve sausage bake with mashed potato on the side.
Tip: For a crunchy topping, mix together 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs and sprinkle over before baking
By Food to Love