Thai Prawn and Pumpkin Soup
- 1 kg pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into chunks
- olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- ¹/₂ cup red or green curry paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans (400g) coconut milk
- To serve:
- Sliced red chilli
- Shredded spring onion
How to De-vein Prawns
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a roasting pan with baking paper.
2. Arrange pumpkin in the roasting pan, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and tender.
3. Remove pumpkin from oven and transfer into a large saucepan. Add curry paste (and a bit of oil if it's a little dry). Cook over a medium heat, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Pour in stock and coconut milk, and then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Blend until smooth with a hand-held stick whizz or in a food processor.
6. Return to the heat. Add prawns and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes until the prawns are just cooked.
7. Serve hot, garnished with sliced red chilli and shredded spring onion.
Tip: To store cut pumpkin, wrap it tightly in cling wrap and keep it in the fridge.
By Food to Love