Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
- 375 g spiral or penne pasta
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets and the stalk peeled and thinly chopped
- 2 Tsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 4 sausages
- ¹/₂ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve • ¹/₄ cup basil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to packet instructions until al dente. Add broccoli 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain well.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-low heat. Cook sausages for 8-10 minutes, turning, until browned and cooked through. Leave to cool slightly, then slice.
3. In a large bowl, combine pasta, broccoli, sausages, Parmesan, pesto and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss until well mixed.
4. Serve garnished with extra Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Tip: For a spicy kick, add 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes to the frying pan when cooking sausages
By Food to Love