Lemon and Garlic Baked Chicken
- 60 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley, plus 2 Tbsp extra for the salsa
- 2 Tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 small chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 4 small chicken drumsticks, skin on
- Cooking oil spray
- 600 g halved baby potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- ¹/₃ cup green olives, pitted, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- To serve:
- Steamed green beans
How to Zest, Peel and Segment Citrus
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Combine butter, parsley, zest and garlic in a small bowl. Carefully loosen skin on chicken pieces then push butter mixture under the skin.
3. Place chicken, skin side up, on a large baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until almost tender.
5. Transfer potato to another baking tray and spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
6. To make the salsa, combine olives, tomatoes, extra parsley and oil in a small bowl.
7. To serve, top chicken with salsa. Serve with potatoes and steamed green beans on the side.