Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1.5 kg cauliflower cut in to florets, stem peeled and chopped in to small pieces
- 2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¹/₄ cup olive oil
- 1 Tsp garam masala
- 1 Tsp turmeric ground
- 1 Tsp cumin ground
- ¹/₄ Tsp ground coriander
- 2 L vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- To serve:
- Greek-style yoghurt
- Baby spinach leaves
- Roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 crusty bread
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease and line two oven trays.
2. In a large bowl, toss cauliflower and chickpeas with olive oil and spices. Divide between the trays. Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden. Reserve 2 cups of the roasted florets and chickpeas for garnish.
3. Transfer remaining cauliflower and chickpeas to a large saucepan. Pour stock over and bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes until very tender.
4. Using a stick blender or food processor, process mixture until smooth. Reheat on low, stirring, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir through the lemon juice.
5. Divide soup between serving bowls. Drizzle with yoghurt and top with spinach, reserved cauliflower mixture and almonds.
Serve with bread on the side.
Tip: This soup is great for freezing, just leave out the garnish at the end. You can also grate and freeze the zest from the lemon before juicing, and freeze to use for other recipes.
By Food to Love