Broccoli, Bacon and Mushroom Pie
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Rashers rindless bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¹/₃ bunch parsley, stalks and leaves separated and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
- 350g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into small florets and stalks thinly sliced
- 8 Sheets filo pastry, halved
- ¹/₂ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Oil spray
How to Have Fun with Leftover Pastry
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 2.5L casserole dish.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil over a medium heat. Cook bacon for 3-4 minutes, or until fat has rendered. Mix in onion, parsley stalks, garlic and rosemary, then cook for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
3. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Add in flour, stir, then cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
4. In a separate jug, combine stock and milk and gradually add to the mushroom mixture.
5. Return to the heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add broccoli and parsley leaves and stir through. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer mixture to the casserole dish. Spray individual filo sheets with oil and sprinkle with Parmesan. Carefully pick up each sheet of filo and lightly scrunch sheets over filling.
7. Place pie in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
• Energy 1936Kj • Protein 22g • Total Fat 20g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 45g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 817mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.