Oven Baked Salami and Tomato Risotto
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 100g salami, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ¹/₂ cup arborio rice
- ¹/₂ cup white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 ¹/₂ cup chicken stock
- ¹/₂ cup water
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- ¹/₃ cup pitted black olives
- ¹/₃ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Chopped parsley, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté salami, onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add arborio rice, stirring until well coated in oil. Add wine and simmer, 2-3 minutes until all liquid evaporates. Add in canned tomatoes, chicken stock, water and stir. Bring to a boil.
4. Transfer risotto into an oven-proof dish. Cover tightly with a lid or foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir and add cherry tomatoes, olives and Parmesan.
5. Cover again and stand for 10 minutes. Serve garnished with parsley.
Tip: If you ever have leftover wine, or stock freeze it in a ice cube tray or a zip-lock bag so you can use it next time a recipe calls for it.