Japanese Chicken Katsu with Slaw
- 8 crumbed chicken tenders
- 2 cups rice
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Katsu sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp liquid honey
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups chredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Place the tenders onto an oven tray and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cook the rice as per packet instructions.
4. To make the sauce, place the soy, tomato sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic and 2 tbsp of water in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer for 2 minutes to thicken slightly.
5. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake well.
6. To make the slaw, place the cabbage, carrot and parsley into a large bowl. Toss through the dressing and sprinkle over the peanuts.
7. To serve, take four bowls and place rice in each. Place 2 chicken tenders on top and drizzle with katsu sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with slaw on the side, with a drizzle of mayonnaise over the top