Sushi and Avocado Salad with Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1 3/4 cups Ceres Organics Basmati Brown Rice
- 4 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 chillies (or more if you preferred), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Ceres Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3x 5g pack Ceres Organics Roasted Seaweed Nori Snack
- 2x 210g can Select Red Salmon
- 1/4 cup Tasti Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Tasti Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, cubed
- 1 yellow capsicum, cubed
- 1/2 bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 New Zealand Avocado, sliced
- 4 Tbsp Best Foods Garlic Mayonnaise
- Healthy Food Guide Magazine
Cook rice following packet directions, when cooked through, allow to cool.
Meanwhile, place sesame oil in a pan and cook garlic, ginger and soy sauce for 3 minutes on high then pour over the cooled rice along with the diced chillies and cider vinegar. Mix well.
Tear nori sheets in pieces and add to rice. Add salmon, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, cucumber, carrots, capsicum and baby spinach and gently toss to mix.
Taste and adjust dressing to your liking. Serve topped with sliced avocado and drizzled with mayo.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series