Tangy Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 Macro Free Range Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 Tbsp tomato relish
- 3 Tbsp steak sauce
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Quinoa Salad
- 1 1/4 cup Ceres Organics Red Quinoa and Ceres Organics White Quinoa (about 1/2 white and 1/2 red)
- 2 1/2 cups Select Salt-Reduced Chicken Liquid Stock
- 3 spring onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp peppadew peppers, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Tasti Walnut Halves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint
- Balsamic Tomato and Cucumber Salsa
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 2 Tbsp Tasti Sunflower and/or Tasti Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- mint leaves to garnish
- Healthy Food Guide Magazine
Trim drumsticks of visible fat. Make several deep slashes in the fleshy end of each drumstick. Place in a non-metallic bowl. In a separate small bowl mix marinade ingredients together. Coat drumsticks. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
Place marinated drumsticks on a non-stick baking tray with 2 tablespoons of water and pop into a pre-heated oven at 190°C to cook for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked. (Alternatively, you could cook these on a BBQ.)
While the chicken is cooking, rinse quinoa under running water. Put quinoa and stock in a pot, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes. When cooked and slightly cooled, mix with the spring onions, pepperdews, walnuts, and mint.
In a separate bowl, mix tomato, cucumber, seeds and balsamic vinegar together and set aside.
When the chicken is cooked through, serve with quinoa salad and salsa. Garnish with lemon and mint.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series