Mexican Black Beans with Spicy Avocado and Grilled Tortilla
- Dots Cooking Oil Spray
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 small courgette, trimmed, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning, plus extra 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp Delmaine Tomato Paste
- 2x 400g black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1x 400g Delmaine Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 firm ripe avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- 4 wholemeal tortillas, grilled
- Healthy Food Guide Magazine
Heat a large saucepan on high and spray with oil. Brown mince and set aside.
Spray a large saucepan with oil. Set over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot and courgette. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and Mexican seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 more minute. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute.
Add cooked mince, black beans and tomatoes to saucepan with water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick.
Meanwhile, combine extra Mexican seasoning with avocado and coriander in a medium-sized bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
Place 1 grilled tortilla on each serving plate. Top with mince bean mixture and spicy avocado. Serve immediately.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series