Lemon Chicken, Leek and Pumpkin Bake
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, optional
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 8 Macro Free Range Chicken Drumsticks, skin removed
- 600 g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 2 leeks, cut into thick slices
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 packet Vitalvegetables Vitalimmunity Slaw
Combine oil, garlic, chilli flakes, lemon juice and zest in a large, shallow glass bowl. Add chicken; stir to coat. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes, longer if time allows.
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Place chicken in a large baking dish with pumpkin and leeks. Sprinkle over thyme. Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Divide bake among 4 plates, scatter with chopped parsley and serve with slaw.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series