Chicken, Tomato and Olive Casserole
- 1½ cups Ceres Organics Buckwheat or Brown Basmati Rice
- Dots Cooking Oil Spray
- 500 g Waitoa Free Range Skinless Chicken Thigh, cut in 3cm cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 80 g rindless eye bacon, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine
- 400g can Delmaine Crushed Tomatoes
- Handful fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup (50g) Delmaine Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
- 2 cups green beans
- Select Black Pepper
- Parsley, to garnish
Cook buckwheat (or rice) as per directions on packet.
Heat a large pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan.
Spray pan with oil again and add onion, bacon and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, olives, chicken and 1/2 cup of water to pan. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add green beans and cook for another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Season to taste with a generous amount of black pepper. Add a little water if necessary so it’s nice and saucy.
Serve chicken with buckwheat or rice. Garnish with parsley.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series