Coconut Peanut Chicken Curry
- 1 ¼ cups Delmaine Black Rice
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp Ceres Organics Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- ½ tsp Essentials Brown Sugar
- Dots Cooking Oil Spray
- 400 g Waitoa Free Range Skinless Chicken Breast, sliced in chunks
- 1x400ml can Essentials Coconut Milk
- 3 courgettes, diced
- 1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup Homebrand Frozen Peas
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Healthy Food Guide magazine
Rinse rice until water runs clear. Place rice and 2 ½ cups water in a saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat, covered. Let stand for 10-15 minutes, then fluff rice with a fork before serving.
While rice is cooking, combine red curry paste, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar and mix well. Set aside.
Heat a heavy-based pan to medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste mixture and stir to combine. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
Add courgettes and beans and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until liquid is reduced and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach leaves and peas and cook another minute.
Serve curry with rice, topped with coriander leaves.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series