Chickpea and Egg Burgers
- Burger Patties
- 2x 390g cans Delmaine chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp Select Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2-3 Tbsp Select Peri Peri Sauce
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Ceres Organics Hulled Tahini
- 2 Tbsp peppadew peppers, chopped
- 2/3 cup Sanitarium Skippy Cornflakes
- 3 Tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 Tbsp Tasti Sesame Seeds
- 1 free range eggs
- Select Salt and Pepper, to season
- Burger extras
- Dots cooking spray
- 6 free range eggs
- 6 Tbsp Best Foods Garlic Mayonnaise
- 6 wholegrain bread rolls
- 3 cups leafy salad mix
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- Side salad
- 1 mango, peeled, diced
- 1 small cucumber, spiralised or grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 courgettes, spiralised or grated
- 2 Tbsp Best Foods Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1 Healthy Food Guide Magazine
Place ingredients for the burger patties in a food processor and process until they form a chunky texture. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide mixture in 6 even-sized balls. Wet hands and form in patties. They make quite a wet patty, so cover and chill for at least 1 hour (or overnight).
Meanwhile place all salad ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
When ready to serve, spray a hot frypan with oil and cook patties for 2-3 minutes, turning once until golden. Set aside. Spray pan with oil and fry eggs gently.
Spread half a tablespoon of mayo on each burger bun half. Arrange lettuce, tomato, patty, egg, on bottom half and top with the other half. Serve with salad.
Serve with the salad.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series