Japanese Sushi Balls with Salad
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 Tbsp mirin rice wine, plus 1 Tbsp extra for dressing
- 1/2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1/4 cup Best Foods Lite Mayonnaise
- 210g can Select Red Salmon, drained
- 1/2 packet Ceres Organics Roasted Seaweed Nori Snacks, crushed into small flakes
- 2 Tbsp Tasti Sesame Seeds
- 1 bag Vitalvegetables Vitalsight Salad Mix
- 1 small New Zealand Avocado, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 tsp Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Select Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Healthy Food Guide Magazine
Cook rice according to packet directions. Once cooked, pour mirin over rice and allow rice to absorb it.
While rice is cooking, make dressing by combining mirin,soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and sesame oil in a small jar. Seal jar and shake well to combine.
To make salad combine salad mix, avocado, carrot and cucumber in a large salad bowl. Toss well.
Combine wasabi paste and mayonnaise in a medium-sized bowl. Stir well. Add salmon and crushed nori. Add rice once it has absorbed the mirin. Stir to combine.
Wet hands and roll tablespoons of mixture into about 16 small balls. Roll sushi balls lightly in sesame seeds. Set aside.
Divide salad among serving plates and top with sushi balls. Shake then drizzle over dressing to serve.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series